Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Quote of the day

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I often check other photographer's blogs that I have met or hope to meet one day. All are my inspiration and I hope to one day be just as successful. I really enjoy reading their blogs as well for their professional and personal posts. It's a great way for me to stay in contact or just follow along. One photographer in particular is Mike Colón. http://www.mikecolon.com I heard him speak for the first time last September and really enjoyed how laid back he was and how great of a photographer he really is. Not only that but for someone as good as he is, he's so inspired by other photographers as well. I am trying to sign up for his 4 day workshop later this year in Newport Beach. So I'll keep you posted on that.
On his post the other day he had an awesome quote that really struck me. It was everything that I felt about starting my business. It's been really hard working full time, being a mother of two, wife, still having to do the normal daily chores in your house and trying to start your own business from the bottom. Unfortunately some family quality time is cut out along with any extra sleep and a once in a while boredom. I'm usually so busy with weddings, portrait sessions, editing, classes, meetings with brides and grooms and every day learning of this business, only to keep improving my ability to photograph, that I don't have much extra time. My family has been really supported and not just my husband and kids, my entire family have all cheered me on. And I am thankful everyday for such support!
But this quote I read today gave me a little hope and reminder that everything I do, every class I take, every sleepless night I may have or every last penny I spend on advertising will one day pay off for me. When will the big success come? I don't know, but at least I have some relief to know it will one day come.
"The answer is sacrifice. you have to give up something in order to get results that excite you and inspire the artist within. You must give up perfection! Perfectionism only provokes fear and fear is what holds us back in pretty much every area of our lives."
That pretty much sums it up, and not just in business but I think in everything you do.
You can check out his blog here. http://www.mikecolon.net/blog/2007/01/to-flash-or-not-to-flash.html

No comments: