Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Chop Chop!!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

So yesterday I had a hair apt- I was just running in really quick for a trim to the salon I used to work at. Some of you that know me know that I used to have another passion- Hair! I was a cosmetologist. I really love cutting hair, styling hair, playing with hair and best of all gossiping all day for a living. But when I had kids I kind of had to find something a little more stable. When I was just starting out I used to do so many funky things to my hair, I once had a pixie cut and it was jet black. I've had all colors of streaks, cuts and styles.

Anyhoo, I was just going in for a trim because I'm leaving tomorrow for Mike Colon's workshop in Newport Beach. Well when you walk into a place and just mention you MIGHT be thinking of cutting your hair in the future, those stylist jump at the chance to cut off more than "just an inch." I remember loving it when someone would come in and be up for anything. So Dena who does my hair convinced me to cut it then instead of waiting. So I did- and it's short. My hair was down almost to the middle of my back and the back of my hair is barely at my neck now.

I'm truly loving the new me. And although I will miss doing stuff to my hair, I have to remember it's only hair, it will grow back.

I actually am donating my hair to Locks of Love and I'm so happy I can give that to someone who doesn't have hair. It's a great website, you should check it out.

Either way I encourage you all to dare to be different. If you have had your same hair do for more than 2 years it's time for a change. Give yourself bangs or color it a different color, add layers or cut it all off and donate it! You will be happy you did.

Here is the end result- please give me some blog love in the comments and tell me what you think- I need some feedback and some help adjusting! :)

1 comment:

Marie Moyers said...

Mandy it is beautiful... from one hairdresser to another! I too have a love of doing hair. After school I found that I wanted to work or myself, because I wanted to do the people that I already knew and not strangers.
Now I have moved onto photography.:) And I too have taken mike's 4 day intensive traing class last august. YOu will love it!!
Just be yourself... and be original... He loves originality. Take lots of notes and most of all. Have fun.!!!!
Tell him Marie moyers says hi from Louisiana.
You go girl.