Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

A Big-Girl Photographer Workshop

Monday, January 14, 2008

So 1 week and counting.... I leave on Monday for 4 days to Newport Beach where I'll get to attend the Mike Colon's Experience. If you are a photographer you definitely know who Mike Colon is, and if you don't know who he is, you should. He is a pretty big legend in the photography world. I first saw him speak in Sept of 2006 and have been wanting to attend this workshop since then. Check out the link and his website if you get a chance.
From what I hear, it's amazing. We get to meet other photographers and get to learn techniques, tips, marketing and workflow from one of the best in the industry. Not to mention I'll be in Newport Beach- can I get a whoomp whoomp? Awwww-Very nice.
Although my husband will be with our kids for 4 days without me and I'll be without my kids for 4 days- yikes. It's my first time away from home from them. :( Boohoo.
So wish me luck, especially because I have to get on another plane- yuck. You know I'll bring back lots of pictures to share and more ideas for all you 2008 brides.
Plus I'll get to mark another goal off my list-woohoo!!

2 comments:

Marie Moyers said...

I went last year in august. Pack your laptop, and comfortable shoes, energy drinks, and business cards.
Have lots of fun!
Be original in what you take away from this class. Many just copy Mike, but he stresses original. Ask lots of questions. Car pool every chance you get, good information time.
be Blessed

Mandy Hank said...

Thanks for the good advice Marie- I'll let you know how it went!!!! :)