Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

5 tall men, 1 gorilla and 2 hot chicks

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Last Saturday night, my good friend Brooke took me out for my birthday. Yes my birthday is Sept 11th. It's not her fault really. It's mine. We were planning on doing something for my birthday back then and it fell through so she thought of this great idea and just she and I went out. No kids, no husbands, just the two of us. And I had no idea where we were going. Not until I walked into the building did I know what we were doing. She had kept it a secret.

Brooke had floor seats to the Suns game! I've never been a huge basketball fan, you know baseball is my sport but this experience was off the charts. We walked downstairs underneath the bleachers. Celebrities are sometimes down there, the players wives, players kids, the owners and pretty much anyone who is anyone would be down there. And we were part of that. We had to wear badges that the security checked everytime we went to our seats.

The food that was spread out was amazing. Twice baked potatoes, gourmet hamburgers, fruit trays, salads, brick oven pizzas and all the alcohol you could drink- all included. After we ate, we got to watch the Suns come out and slap their hands as they ran by us to go warm up. The infamous gorilla was down there, walking around. He is so full of energy!

The seats were awesome- it's an amazing view to be on the floor. So close to the players and the action. I will admit that we didn't watch the whole game, um hello we're girls and I'm sure our husbands would have been disappointed but we did enjoy ourselves and talked quite a bit. Being moms it's really hard to find some "girl" time with your friends.

After half time the "chefs" bring out gourmet hot dogs, ice cream sandwiches, root beer floats, cookies and brownies. You know we ate that up!

We did stay til the end of the game- it was so awesome. It really was a great experience, not only the event but spending it with my good bud Brooke. Thanks so much Brooke for a wonderful night- you rock girl!!! :)

Here are some pics from Brooke's camera of that night. (I wasn't allowed to bring my camera. :( boohoo)

No comments: