Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Workshop Day 3

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Today was a night shoot. We were all really looking forward to it but it poured rain. It was so cold and we were all pretty bummed that the rain was letting up. But Mike took us to a parking garage in Costa Mesa so we could still do a little night shooting. He had 2 sets of models there and we all felt so sad for the brides. I was freezing in a jacket and they both had tiny little dresses on.

The night techniques were a little difficult for me and I wasn't sure if I got any shots I liked but when I came back to the hotel last night and started editing I found some I liked. I tried to do some dramatic lighting and I think they turned out pretty cool.
Today is our last day which I'm pretty sad about but I know I have learned a ton coming here and also met some amazing photographers. I can't say enough about this workshop.



Here are a few of my favorites...

4 comments:

Zoom-Bug Photography said...

woo hoo! look at you and that flare action! haha nice job, girlie!

Marie Moyers said...

MANDY!!! YOU DID AWESOME!!
Let me tell you.... I can look at these and I remember being there and I know how hard it is with all those other photographers, everyone is crowded around and you are trying to shoot between other arms, over their head and under someone elses camera LOL
But I also remember that it did force me to NOT try to get the typpical shot that THEY all were getting. As a result I got some really kewl shots that they did not get because I was off to the side getting it from another angle.
That alone set my work apart from theirs. It is the most valuable thing that I took away from the class.
It was that approach to photographing that landed the the gig of photographing Rocker Joan Jett & the BlackHearts and Country Music legend Tracy Lawrence, and Wes Jeans, and Charlie Robison.

Take your energy drink. And I would LOVE to meet you some day.
:)

michael said...

I think you did a great job. I can see the difference in your picture taking. Your dedication, hard work and commitment will reward you. keep up the great work and progress.

Jill Myers said...

These are awesome and it sounds like it was fun! I'm way jealous.