Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Bagels, Tears and Friday Funny!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Last night we went to meet Reagan's kindergarten teacher. She starts Kindergarten on Monday and I'm feeling mixed emotions. It's kind of bitter sweet for me. I really do want her to move on and she is so ready to start. On the other hand, I'm really going to miss having her all day and I know Hunter will miss her terribly. They play so well together and have been together a lot lately. I'll definitely have to find some things for him to do.

Her teacher was really nice and I love her school. Mike and I ventured into the cafeteria. The PTO was in there selling things, giving things away, looking for volunteers. I started volunteering Mike and I for some events and Mike had to pull the pen from my hand. He gave me "the look". I might have gotten a little carried away. But I want to be involved and Mike looks at the part where I complain I never have time to sleep, I'm stressed out blah blah. I'm sure he's sick of hearing that. So I limited myself as much as I could or to a point Mike was ok with it. :)
They gave all the parents an invitation to meet in the media room after we drop off the kids the first morning. They'll have bagels and coffee for the parents. It's a way for all of us to meet each other and honestly probably cry our eyeballs out. I can only imagine all 100 of us sitting around, comforting each other, hugging everyone and reminding us they will be home at 3:00pm. I'm looking forward to it. :)

So wish me luck on Monday morning- I'll have to battle a gabillion other sad moms trying to learn how to drop off their kids the right away in the parking lot.
Remember that famous scene from Mr. Mom in 1983 when he tries to drop off the kids and it's raining and everyone keeps yelling at him "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!" I'm sure that will be me!

I haven't had a Friday Funny in awhile and someone sent this to me this morning-

1 comment:

Live.Love. Photography said...

Where does the time go? I've got one more year. Oh good luck tomorrow ......both of you :)