Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Summer here we come!

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

And just like that, I woke up Reagan for her last day of Kindergarten, I drove her the last morning to school as a kindergartner and kissed my Kindergartner goodbye. In just a few short weeks my baby girl who isn't a baby girl anymore will start 1st grade. Where did the time go by? It's amazing and sad and wonderful and overwhelming all in one. Her school had a cute little celebration this morning. They were all on stage, signing cute little Kindergarten songs, and a little teary eyed, I whispered to my mom,
"I feel like it was just yesterday I dropped her off for her first day of Kindergarten."
My mom replied,
"I feel like I just dropped you off at Kindergarten," We giggled a little bit but thinking about that now, it won't be too long before I'll be sitting next to Reagan and watching my granddaughter sing her songs. It's surely something I look forward to in the far far future but for the moment I'm just enjoying my 6 year old.
Next summer my little man will start Kindergarten and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about that one. In a little way I feel like I'll be having a part time empty nest. Maybe it prepares you a little bit for the big time empty nest when they all move out.
Just thinking about it tears me up but I sure am proud of how much she grew this year. How much smarter, more social, more mature and more observant she is! It was a wonderful year and I look forward to the next 12! :)

Speaking of adorable daughters, I met up with Alicia and her daughter Maddie this past weekend to do my Mother's Day Mini Session. Two adorable little blondes, oh I just love it!!!! Take a look at these adorable pics :)



























No comments: