Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

The Melting Pot-mmmmm!

Sunday, April 01, 2012



So Mike and I just had an anniversary a few days ago. 9 Years I might add. Our very first anniversary was spent half day in the hospital and the other half of the day bringing home our first born. It was pretty low key, all 3 of us were pretty pooped so we ordered pizza and just sat and watched our newborn. It really was an awesome anniversary although we haven't ever celebrated our anniversary in the normal way. Some years we celebrate and others we don't but I don't think out of all the 9 years we have ever given each other gifts. We might have treated ourselves to something but exchanging gifts? Don't think it's happened. Two years ago Mike took me to Wrestle Mania for our anniversary. Oh don't be jealous! I knew it would be something he wanted and it actually ended up being pretty fun.
This year I just wanted a date night. Mike and I don't get to do date nights often although we both know we need more of them. It's good for our marriage, but the last year has been such a whirlwind that never seemed to have the time.
So we got a babysitter, got a little dressed up and drove to The Melting Pot. Mike of course wasn't too keen on cooking his own food but there is nothing better than the cheese fondue and the chocolate fondue. I could have had just those for my dinner! Yum Yum Yum!
I think I was in heaven for a second while eating the dessert.  Oh my goodness that is so good, we got the chocolate fondue with peanut butter and they brought out strawberries, cheesecake, brownies, bananas, marshmallows, rice krispie treats and pound cake to dip it in.  I didn't even care how many calories it was last night, it was so good.  I am sure we both had chocolate all over our face but are smiles were ear to ear :)

No comments: