Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Summer Family Fun

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer is in full force at our house right now.  I can't believe we are already 2 1/2 weeks in.  We have year round school here so my kids will go back in about 4 weeks.  It's actually kind of nice to have a short period of time for summer.  Because I work so much during the rest of the year and we don't usually take a family vacation during the summer I try to do some fun stuff with my kids.  I don't want them watching TV all summer or playing the Wii all day. 
We have a little disadvantage here since it gets so hot.  Most of the summer either you are indoors or just in the pool.  It's gets rough for awhile but I thought I'd pass on some fun summer ideas to do as a family.

Water Balloon Fights!
This is so much fun for all the family members.  It's pretty inexpensive as well you just need a little prep in making the water balloons.  Oh and don't forget to pick up the pieces when you are done so your animals don't eat them.


Twister in the grass.  I thought this was such a cute idea.  All you have to do is spray paint some circles in your grass and have a fun little game of Twister outside.  It would be even be a great idea for a birthday party.


Lemonade Stand!  You can't go through your whole childhood and not try to start a lemonade business.  We all did that growing up.  You get a table, make a cute little sign.  Help your mom make a ton of lemonade and set up shop on your street.  Everybody loves lemonade that little ones have made.

Camping out in the backyard.  This sounds so much fun but I got to tell you, I don't think it gets cool enough here at night to sleep outside.  We are so used to the air conditioning.  I bet this would be a good idea in the month of April or May.  But for those of you who don't live on the sun during the summer like we do, it's a great idea.


Roasting marshmallows.  You don't have to go camping to enjoy this summer treat.  And even bring on the chocolate and graham crackers.  Mmmmmmm :)


Movie under the stars!  How fun would this be?  You could invite the kids from the neighborhood and watch the movie as the stars come out.  Some of the outdoor movie screens can get pricey but I found this one for a pretty reasonable price.


I hope some of these interest you to have some fun this summer.  Keep in mind there are always a ton of pretty inexpensive things to do with your kids for the summer.
Here is a few more ideas...
Take them to the library
Bike Ride
Draw on the sidewalk
Fry an egg on the sidewalk (if you live where I do)
Crafts
Bake cookies
Make homemade ice cream
Read
Have a Pajama Day
Run through the sprinklers
Build a fort in your living room

Have a wonderful summer and don't forget your sunblock!

No comments: