Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

On my way to cross off #20-Lose 20 pounds

Monday, April 14, 2008

This has been something on my mind for sometime but getting motivated has not been easy. It's always a "I'm too busy," "I don't have enough time" or "I hate eating healthy"- I really do. That is my hardest part. Ever since I can remember I hated Veggies! Yuck. The thought of them grosses me out. Not sure what happened to me. My mom gave them to me when I was little and I never liked them. I've always been a very "plain" eater. Things like potato salad aren't for me- there is too many ingredients for my taste. I love things like a ham and cheese sandwich and if I really want to get wild and crazy I'll throw pickles on it- Believe me, it's so good!
Having Reagan and Hunter hasn't been easy for me to get the weight off from them. But of course not eating veggies doesn't help that situation. And of course when you are out and your kids are eating macaroni and cheese or chicken fingers, sometimes you clear off their plate and that isn't very good either.
I'm sick of not fitting into my clothes- sick of not wearing a bathing suit or having to wear shorts to the beach. I dread getting invited to a pool party.
So since Mike and I will be at the beach later this year and I'll be turning the big 30 later this year, I felt now was a good a time as any.
Yesterday on Sunday I started my Smart for Life Diet- You eat 6 cookies during the day and then a healthy dinner with lean protein and grody veggies. This part is a little hard for me. You are basically eating 800 calories a day. Very tough when I'm sure some of my lunches alone have been 800 calories.
My big goal is to lose 40 pounds but even if I lost 20 I'd still be happy. My dad started the diet about 7 weeks ago and he is down about 30 pounds. Awesome huh?
So although I won't tell you exactly what I weigh, I will tell you each week how much weight I've lost. You go to "weigh in" every week and then see your doctor once a month. My first "weigh in" is a week from today- so keep sending good vibes towards me this way and pray I can keep up with those veggies- ewwww. By the way if I do eat them I'll be able to check off another goal-#70 Learn to eat more veggies.

Weight lost=0

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Good for you, not that you need to I think you look great!

Courtney said...

Too bad we don't live in the same state or we could walk together and force feed each other veggies! haha

O Grace Photography said...

Good for you. I have my last 20 too. Call me and I will join in the weight loss challenge! It is harder than anything I swear. I finally started my blog check it out..not as cool as yours, but I can dream. www.ogracephoto.com is where it is at.
xo Jen