Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Movie Night

Sunday, July 06, 2008

So Mike and I thought it would be a great idea to start "Movie Night" with the 4 of us. We are going to try and do it once a week, schedules permitting of course. And right now having a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old (in 15 days to be exact) we kind of have to give up the R rated movies or the action packed movies and go to the Disney section. Which we are ok with if it makes those two happy.
Our selection last night was Alvin and the Chipmunks. Reagan loved it, Hunter did pretty well but then got a little bored and headed back to the playroom which was expected.
We ordered pizza, turned off all the lights, snuggled up with pillows and blankets on the couch. Then I popped popcorn and hid "little prizes" in the popcorn for the kids. Although since we are still armatures at this family movie night I put little pieces of chocolate in the newly microwaved popcorn and of course realized that wasn't a good idea after the chocolate was melted so we had chocolate covered popcorn, which really wasn't that bad.
Once we put the kids to bed and heavily brushed their teeth, Mike and I stayed up to watch Juno. (loved that movie by the way) I know we are late in the rotation of movies but Mike and I never get to see movies and when we do, it's been around for months. That stinks because the two of us really LOVE to go to the movies, we just never have the time. So last night was the next best thing! It also gave me more time to spend with my family which is the best of all!



1 comment:

Kara Pennington Photography said...

such a fun idea - movie nights are the best!