Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Piper's Walk

Friday, February 26, 2010



My good friend Courtney Fries who is a fellow photographer and lives in Colorado has two adorable daughters. Piper and Finley. Piper is "almost 6 years old", her birthday is right around the corner. If she is like my Reagan it is a countdown at this point to turn 6 and when someone asks her how old she is, she doesn't reply "5", she replies, "almost 6".

Piper has Cystic Fibrosis which has no cure. The average life expectancy is 37 years old. CF can clog the lungs and lead to life-threatening lung infections. Courtney has to be on her toes when it comes to germs at all times. Daily things that we all take advantage of is a struggle for them. Piper is on 12 daily medicines. Every morning Piper wakes up and has to do one and half hours of treatment and again in the evening.

I met Courtney 2 years ago at a photographer workshop and she and I just clicked. I found her to be so uplifting and inspiring. And even all that they go through she just has the best outlook on life and such a sense of humor. She truly is an angel.
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Piper yet, although she has touched my life in more ways that I can describe.

With that in mind, I wanted to help out in anyway I could. The Cystic Fibrosis Arizona Chapter is having a walk on April 25, 2010. And we will be walking for Piper that day. Our team name is Piper's Posse. I am so honored to be able to do this for Piper and her family and am so thankful for all you that have already showed your support.

I would be tickled if you all would like to join us for the walk on April 25th. It starts at 8:00am at Tempe Town Lake. If you are unable to walk with us and would like to donate, you can do it in two ways. You can go to the CF Foundation page and make a pledge for our team or you can go to Piper's website. On that website the proceeds will go directly to Piper's family.

If you have any questions or would like to donate to our team you may also contact me at mandy@mandyhank.com We would love to see your bright shinning faces the morning of April 25th!!!

No comments: