Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It

Ruidoso Day 3 & 4

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sorry this took so long to post- it's hard to get back in the swing of things after driving 8 hours. We start the schedules right back up, with work, school, laundry, cleaning, etc. Geez-

Anyway our trip ended much better than it started except for the fact of me spraining my ankle so bad in a horrible tubbing incident. :(

We actually were expecting about 3-5 inches of snow and barely got a drizzle, it was so disappointing. So we all just pretty much hung out.

Playing cards is a big tradition with the girls in my family. We start training them pretty young and we can play for hours. We play Gin- this year we started to train Cassity. My niece is going to be 9 in April and we think it's a prime age to train. My dad is actually helping her a little with this hand although this isn't common. Most of the time we don't allow boys at the table. They are usually watching some sporting event on the couch and the kids run crazy through out the condo.
Smaller girls aren't ready for training yet, but we let them on the table and they color. They'll be ready in a few years!!!

Every year we all get together to take family pictures. It's really the only time that all of us our together since we can't during the holidays. Here are a few images that we did. The kids always want some funny ones too- don't mind my dad, he's mooning the camera.- Nice!

Later that afternoon we all went to lunch- it's hard to fit us all in a restaurant and then we all kind of did our separate thing.

Some went to the Go-Karts, some went home to nap and we went to go tubing down the mountain. First Reagan and I started at the Kiddy Koral- I would just push her down and go and get her at the bottom. Then I had the genius idea for both of us to go on the big people lane. We had a double inner tube, Reagan was in back. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Chills. Eekkk We were traveling so fast down the mountain I was actually getting scared. Apparently I picked up the fastest type tube. Reagan was starting to cry and I put my feet down so that we could slow down a bit. I swear I thought we were going to flip. Well my ankle rolled up underneath the tube as we were sledding down about a million miles an hour. Needless to say, it hurt really bad, in fact my first thought was I broke my ankle. Not good for a weekend where my mom already broke her arm. I stood there for about 5 minutes at the bottom of the hill and couldn't move. I finally spotted my sister and asked her to come help me. I could walk on it but it was painful. Ouch. It swelled up pretty quickly and the next morning began the bruising- it's a pretty nasty bruise. Thank goodness it wasn't broken. So I pretty much stayed on the couch for the rest of the trip, we packed up and drove home on Monday.

We are definitely glad the weekend is over and we will have to try it all over again.


Courtney said...

ouch!! You poor thing...I hope your ankle heals nicely. Looks like you guys had a killer time's so gorgeous! Glad you guys are home safe and sound!

Laura Kay Photography said...

looks like fun, except for the injury. i love the shot of the intense card playing. =)